Are you an eCommerce business owner?
Do you want to generate sales and conversion for your online store?
Running an eCommerce business is not an easy job. If you want to develop an ecommerce marketing strategy and get customers, you’ll need to start planning.
Mobile devices have changed our shopping habits. It’s very tough to attract a buyer in this crowded eCommerce world.
“eCommerce and mobile commerce have dramatically changed the way brands reach customers, making it faster and easier for consumers to make purchases on the fly while avoiding the hassles of going to the store” – Rightly said by Hil Davis.
Are you wondering how to market your eCommerce business?
Then this is the post for you.
In this post, you’ll find 75 actionable eCommerce marketing best practices that you can use right now. Implement these tactics and figure out what work best for you!
These tips will surely help you to boost your sales. Keep reading to learn more.
- Impress people with Your Cover Image and Profile Photos.
- Post regular on your store’s social media accounts.
- Post updates regularly on your personal social media profiles.
- Should tag another company in your updates (relevant).
- Use the power of visual content. share images or other graphics like infographic on your social media posts. Infographics are liked and shared 3X more than other any other content on social media.
- Get active in relevant facebook groups. Or you can also create a Facebook group to get in touch with people with the same interests.
- Pinterest is great channel for ecommerce stores. Pin your products on Pinterest.
8.Use social outreach. Social media has the ability to send private or direct messages.
- Don’t try to use all the platforms. Just Choose the right platforms for you.
- Understand your customers and use the social platforms where your customers are active.
- Offer coupons, special discount or free shipping as an incentive to reward your followers.
- Run a special contest or a giveaway on Facebook.
- Research what your competitors are doing on social media like which social sites they are active, and type of content they are sharing.
- Going to launch an exclusive offer? Promote it through social media.
- Don’t be overly promotional. Share informational messages or stories from external sources to educate your followers.
- Post insider photos or videos from company events.
- Don’t forget to use hashtags. It will maximize your reach.
- Got an engaged and curious audience? Build some buzz is to host a live chat.
- Some social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ allow you to run a poll and collect useful information (and feedback) from your target audience.
- Offer a sneak peek to build some excitement about what’s coming next?
- Share product videos and tutorials.
- Holiday season? Wish your followers happy holidays! ( promote your holiday offer at the same time!)
- Start with research – keyword research and competitor research.
- Optimize your product pages properly.
- Optimize meta tags properly- Title tag, Keyword, and description tag.
- You should create a keyword focused, relevant description for each webpage. Make your URLs SEO Friendly.
- Use relevant key phrases and actual page name to connect one page to another on your eCommerce website.
- Improve your website speed. 40% of people abandon a site that takes longer than 3 seconds to load! Don’t lose customers because your site is slow.
- Start a blog and Media Pages to add more value to your site.
- Add product videos. People like seeing a product in action, so video is an excellent way to improve your sales.
- Focus on 8 key on-page elements: keyword optimization, site structure, internal linking, user experience, mobile responsive site, customer reviews, Rich Snippets , and Social Media Integration.
- Concentrate on earning quality inbound links.
- Add testimonials, case studies, and reviews on your site. 70% of buyers are looking for reviews of products on online stores or forums before making a purchase.
- Add ALT tags to your images
- Create unique title tags to your product pages.
- Security is the most important concern for ecommerce website. You must use SSL certificate for your website to protect sensitive data. Google announced that website security would be added as a ranking signal in SERP.
- Create a content marketing strategy before starting.
- Create content that can help your target audience.
- Understand your buyer’s pain points and build the content as a solution.
- Create how-to’s videos or tutorials of how to use a product.
- Create content that inspire the reader to do something.
- Always include a call-to-action (CTA) at the end of the content. Your readers should have a clear understanding of the next step they are supposed to take.
- Expert Interviews and Google Hangouts.
- Use Visual Content like Infographics, Video, Slideshare presentation, etc.
- Create a Calendar eCommerce store producing good quality content regularly.
- Take extra time promoting and distributing your content.
- Delight your readers with ‘content gifts’
- Reach out to roundup blogs and newsletters to promote your content.
- Build Influencer Relationships.
- Use your website as a tool to Collect Email Addresses.
- Add a newsletter signup form on Facebook Page.
- Add a preference or subscription center.
- Understand your subscribers and segment your list.
- Send birthday or anniversary emails to your subscribers.
- Send cart abandonment emails. 68% of carts are abandoned.
- Create sense of urgency in your subject line and use it as a call-to-action.
- Make your message more natural and personalized.
- Offer incentives or bonus to increase conversion rate.
- Make a real connection with your subscribers.
- Send a welcome email when someone subscribe to your email list.
- Use pre-header text as an extension of subject line.
- Write email copy to the point.
- Use actionable phrases in your CTA button.
- Integrate email with your other marketing channels.
- Design your email mobile responsive.
- Place social media icons or links in the email.
- Run a Facebook ad
- Boost your Facebook update.
- Run Instagram Ads
- Use search engine advertising to show text advertisements next to relevant search queries in the search results of Google.
- Use Google display advertisement.
- Use twitter lead generation card.
- Twitter ad platform.
- Retargeting ads to target users who recently visited your site.
- Use LinkedIn ad campaigns.
I hope you enjoy this checklist. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions in the comment section. I’d love to hear from you 🙂